Hotline for a safer Internet
The Hotline is the reporting component developed by FOCUS in the "Sigur.Info" project, financed by the European Commission and implemented by the consortium which includes "Salvaţi Copiii", FOCUS and Positive Media Iaşi.
SAFERNET.RO Hotline is a civil contact point, which receives and processes reports referring to materials on the internet of an illegal or harmfull nature for children.
The hotline represents the on-line reporting facility developed by FOCUS within the project „Sigur.info", financed by the European Commission and implemented by the consortium composed of „Salvati Copiii", FOCUS and Positive Media Iasi (sigur.Info).
- Offering a civil contact point for reporting illegal and dangerous materials and activities for children, on the internet, with a view to reducing the circulation of this kind of materials;
- Collecting, registering and directing towards the adequate institutions the reports referring to the possible engagement of children in acts/materials of obscene or pornographic nature;
- Informing internet users regarding the aim of the hotline and the means by which it may be contacted;
- Solving the received complaints, in accordance with the working methodology created in cooperation with the responsible authorities;
- Taking part actively in the reunions of the national and European networks (INHOPE) and to contribute to the discussions in order to permanently improve the hotline activity;
- Cooperating with other relevant actors (e.g. internet associations, internet service providers, legal authorities, media) from Romania and Europe.
*Please note that Safernet.ro does not encourage or authorize anyone to search for or otherwise seek out child pornography content.